Time & Location
09 Feb 2019, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Ribble Street, Ribble St, Island Bay, Wellington 6023, New Zealand
About the event
Make a design, get inventive, build yourself a cool trolley then come and race the heck out of it. Which category will you enter?
- Junior (Under 12 years, up to 35kmph)
- Intermediate (12-16 years, up to 45kmph)
- Senior (17 Years & up, up to 65kmph)
Registrations accepted on the day up till 9.30am. $2 entry in cash please – proceeds go to a charity.
RULES FOR RACING:
- Driver's under 18 years, need the consent from a legal guardian or caregiver to race. Consent needs to be given on the form at the time of registration.
- The trolley needs to have controllable steering and brakes, and should not be motorised in any way. You need to have tested the trolley and be confident that it can safely navigate the course. The trolley will need to pass a safety check before racing on the day.
- Protective equipment must be worn by all drivers as junior racers can reach speeds of 40kmph and seniors up to 70 kmph. eg. full or bike helmet that ties under the chin. Elbow and knee pads are recommended for open top trolleys.
- Drivers must not be suffering from any disability which is likely to affect the normal control of the trolley.
- Racers are expected to race in a fair and safe manner and follow the race day rules, and the directions of organisers.
- An injury indemnity form needs to be signed by a guardian of the racer (if under 18 years) and brought on Race Day.
- Sound, video and/or images taken on the day may be used by Island Bay Festival and the Island Bay Enhancement Trust without approval or payment.
Let’s get building!